Our Industrial Design partner Intersection engaged Powell Design to design the UX + UI for the Scout200 S1 Portable Data Collector. This application runs on an industrial smartphone handheld device. You can collect vibration data, take pictures, send text messages, check your email, make phone calls and run other apps all on a single device. The S1 Collector app exchanges data with System 1 Evolution via Wi-Fi or a cellular network. You can set up your routes in System 1 Evolution and sync up the data with the app using remote communication servers. Following the success of the Scount200 design, we developed a companion product—Notifier Fleet Management—to create a family of products that share the same user experience.
- Completely redesigned UX for touch-enabled data collection handheld device.
- Light & Dark UI themes for use indoors and out.
- Large touch areas for gloved hands for use in heavy industrial environments.
- Dramatically reduces the time it takes users to perform measurements.
- HTML5 / CSS3 / JQwery / Bootstrap Web Application to allow for use on any iOS & Android mobile device.
- Patent issued to protect the unique interface design.